Let’s be honest: everyone is using Facebook. In fact, the social platform boasts 1.5 billion daily users, which is more people than the current population of China — 1.36 billion.
But the social channel has evolved to be much more than massive social network to connect friends and family. It has revolutionized the way businesses connect with and engage consumers, and when used correctly, Facebook can be a powerful marketing tool that helps enhance the customer experience and drive revenue.
However, businesses be warned: It can be challenging to cut through the noise in your customer’s newsfeed. There’s a lot of content competing for their attention — news, images, etc. You’ll need well-executed content strategy to get their attention. Next to publishing quality and engaging content, the best way to reach your audience on the social network is through Facebook Ads.
Here are four best practices to help you get started with Facebook advertising and take your social media presence to the next level:
- Identify and set your advertising goals: In order to get the word out about your business in the most effective manner, you’ll need to identify your advertising goals first.
Facebook makes it easier for you to establish scalable goals, by providing you with the following objectives to track:
- Clicks to Website: Send people to your website.
- Website Conversions: Increase conversions on your website. You'll need a conversion pixel for your website before you can create this ad.
- Page Post Engagement: Boost your posts.
- Page Likes: Promote your Page and get Page likes to connect with more of the people who matter to you.
- App Installs: Get installs of your app.
- App Engagement: Increase engagement in your app.
- Offer Claims: Create offers for people to redeem in your store.
- Local Awareness: Reach people near your business.
- Event Responses: Raise attendance at your event.
- Product Catalog Promotion: Automatically show products from your product catalog based on your target audience.
- Brand Awareness: Reach people more likely to pay attention to your brand.
- Lead Generation: Collect leads for your business.
- Video Views: Create ads that get more people to view a video
- Know your audience: You can’t cast wide net with audience targeting — you want your ads to connect with your audience and drive conversions. Your can narrowly target your audience by. To do this, monitoring customer conversations, identifying what content resonates with them the most, and what types of messaging works. What’s more, Facebook’s hyper-targeting capabilities to reach out to people who matter the most to your business. The social media platform boasts of an 89 percent accuracy ratewhen it comes to narrowly targeting campaigns, compared to the average online reach of only 38 percent.
Facebook also allows you to target ads by location, demographics, interests, behaviors or advanced targeting options — custom or lookalike audiences.
If you’re a Reputation.com customer, you can use our Facebook Advertising feature to boost posts directly through the platform fostering a relationship between your brand and community. This makes it easy to ensure your ads reach the intended audience.
- Strong calls-to-action: A beautiful and relevant ad is great, but your audience might not know what steps to take next without a strong call-to-action. A compelling ad with a strong call-to-action increases the likelihood of viewers clicking on the ad and take the desired action. For instance: Call-to-actions like “Call now to save X%” , “Click here to learn more”, “Offer ends soon”, “Sign Up”, “Download” etc. all encourage users to click on your ad.
- Monitor, measure and adapt: Monitor your ads daily and make adjustments in the fly for the most bang for your buck. Don't just create your ad and forget about it till it's over. Use Facebook’s Ad Manager to see how your ads are performing, analyze the engagement rates, click through rates and optimize ads based on the performance.
Measure your performance and test your ad copy regularly to ensure your advertising efforts always align with your larger business objectives.
For more information about our social media solution, visit our Social page.